Scenes from First Site
Free Family Summer Activities
What are we going to do today?
With school being out, this is a common question in my house every day. Things tend to be expensive especially when you have more than two kids; I am sharing a few of the activities we’ve tried as a family for free or cheap, to keep our summer a float. For those who live in the Denver metro area, I’ve specified some of the locations below.
1. Free summer concerts. Check your local library for a list of music and shows that are playing. Englewood Civic Center, Colorado offers several summer concerts. Check their website for more information.
2. Sign up kids for summer reading programs. They get prizes to amusement parks, Free meals to given restaurants or depending on what your location offers. Also, Barnes and Nobles provide a free book if you sign up through them.
– Libraries also offer kids activities throughout the week. Check your local library for their summer schedule.
3. splash parks; These are always free.
4. swimming; Kids 17 and under swim for $1 at any Denver pools.
5. Movies $1 movies at Regal theatre. Check for their schedule, to see what’s playing in a theatre near you. https://www.regmovies.com/movies/summer-movie-express
6. Check out a state parks pass from your library for one week. Take your family to the many state parks Colorado has to offer. I am not sure if other states or cities provide this option, but several libraries in the Denver metro area do.
7. Take a camping trip. It is overwhelming if you’ve never camped before. For your first time, try to join a group of friends or families who have been camping. If they have kids as well, it might be much easier for both kids and the adults. Not only do you get to take turns cooking, but the kids have a blast playing with each other.
Christian Multi-culture Romance
The Month of February is Here!
What comes to mind each time you think of February?
For some it is the shortest month of the year, for others, it is the month before spring. And then the fact that it is Valentine’s month.
Who are some of the people that come to mind when you think of Valentine’s day?
- loved ones?
Do you ever think about God during this month? I just wanted to encourage you, while all the relationships are important, and as you celebrate them this month, it’s my prayer that you celebrate the create. That’s why I came up with an easy 3-minute devotional for 30 days. You can use it the month of February or start in March, whichever month is convenient for you. Signed and Delivered. 30 Letters from God. Now on Amazon.
Happy Valentines’ day and month!
Valentine’s day bible verses
The love of God
Your love oh Lord never fails. It never gives up and never runs out on me.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the oresent nor the future, mor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be anle to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
I will hold your hand!
Six Days to pray for your kids! (1st week back to school)
Today is day 1 of praying for our kids especially school age. Feel free to add the name of your child to the prayer. If you have more than one child, repeat the prayer for each child. We will pray scriptures as we claim God’s Word to them. You can also pray out loud to your child so they know you are praying for them.
1. Praying for God’s blessings and protection upon Isaiah ( use your child’s name)
” Dear Lord, I lift up Isaiah to you. May you bless him in everything that he does. Please keep him safe and protect him from all harm. May your face shine upon him so he can delight in you. May you be gracious to him oh Lord. May you turn your face toward him and give him abundant peace.” In your name father I pray! “Amen”
Prayer taken from Numbers 6:24-26
Day 2: Wisdom.
Dear father, May you help Caleb ( your child’s name) to grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with you, and with man. May he understand your word fully to apply it to his life daily. May Caleb fear you so he can be rich in the knowledge of your word and have increased wisdom.
Help him to be strong and ready to learn in the classroom, to grasp things easily. Grant him wisdom in making wise choices in friendships and day today decisions.
Thank you Lord for answering my prayers when I call upon your name. In Jesus’s name I pray. Amen!
Luke 2: 52
Day 3: Praying For God’s Favor.
My mom always prayed for God’s favor upon us. I see how God answered that prayer in my life especially as I journey through a new land.
” Father God, I lift up Abigail to you (Your child’s name), May she be filled with divine favor from you and may she find it with everyone around her. May she find favor with her teachers, and fellow students. And may she use it for your glory to share Christ with those you bring into her life. I request that as she finds your favor may you make her efforts successful! Thank you Lord for blessing the righteous and surrounding them with your favor. In Jesus’s name I pray! Amen!”
From Luke 2:52, Psalm 90:17, Psalm 5:12
Day 4: For the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Dearest father God, I lift up Micah ( your child’s name) to you, may he experience your love so he can show it to others, may he be filled with the joy that comes from you, and may he always practice and develop patience with school work and other things that he will be learning, patience around his peers and his surroundings. Help him to offer kindness to others, always being good in ways that honor you. Grant him the ability to remain faithful to you and your word no matter what! May he be as gentle as a dove though wise as a snake. May he maintain self control, help him to always think before taking a move. I thank you Lord for blessing us with your Holy Spirit. In Jesus’s name I pray; Amen!
Day 5: Contentment
Dear father, I lift up Isaiah (your child’s name) to you as he continues to grow both physically and spiritually. May he always stay away from the love of money, help him to be content with whatever you give him. May he learn to live in every situation. Both in abundance and in scarcity. Keep him from making comparisons, but instead grant him a heart of thankfulness. May he always remember that you will never leave nor forsake him. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
Today is our final day. Thanks for joining us and hope u felt encouraged to pray for and with your kids.
Day 6: To Trust in the Lord always.
Oh Lord, I lift up Caleb to you. I pray that he can draw closer to you, may he always trust in you with all his heart and not lean on his own understanding. May he acknowledge you in all ways so that you can direct his path/ steps.
In Jesus’s name I pray. Amen!
The 6 day prayers for your kids in school.
Join me in lifting up our kids as they start the school year! There are many challenges that await these young people and all we can do as parents is to soak them in prayers for God to surround them in every way!
Starting on Monday September 12th through Saturday the 17th, I will be posting a prayer request and verse to pray for our kids while they are in school. You can either Join our Prayer group (Prayer circle) on face book or page ( joy of the lord) to share your comments.
or you can check our page
Today is the best day ever!
Always waiting for that best day ever?
My 5 year old daughter is always jolly and everyday she tells me. ” Mom, this is the best day ever!”
God’s word reminds us to be like children. They see things the way God would want us to view things. Knowing that God has everything under control, to care for us, to hold us and comfort us, to pick us up when we are hurting.
My daughter sure reminds me that there’s no better day than today. If I am waiting for the best day ever to come tomorrow or someday, there may not be a tomorrow or a someday.
I can’t look at the past and how I had a really good day. That’s behind me. The best day ever is today! The best day ever is now! While I am in now, I just need to find things about today that I can count on, to make the most of today feel like it’s the last day of my life. But how when I have so many things going wrong today?
- Even having so many things going wrong, bouncing from one wall to another, try to look at what you can be thankful for. God loves you and has you for a purpose. Whatever it is you are going through, He has the best plans for your life. Plans not to harm you, but plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- Look at others who have it worse than you do and find ways to help them. By doing so, it helps to not get caught up in self pity and playing the victim.
- Enjoy God’s creation as you take walks and imagine God walking right beside you to hold and lead you by the hand.
- Don’t look at your past mistakes to define who you are today. Each day God gives us a fresh start. ” great is His faithfulness, His mercies begin afresh each morning.” Lamentations 3:23
Make today, your best day, Embrace it and know that God is a God of today, not yesterday in just history, not tomorrow only but of now. He’s present when you need Him. It all starts by making Him your friend. Talking to Him as you would talk to a friend.
” Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here. ” 2 Corinthians 5:17
There’s so many times when oyr fears for today discourage us from what tomorrow may bring.
What would you do if you knew that today is your last day on earth? Would you worry about your next venture, would you worry about how you are going to get rich?
Hmm! It’s a tough question forme too. But I can say that if it were my last day, I would want to spend it with family, sharing the love and making sure they know where to spend eternity. Even though I would like to try and do as much for God in that last day, it might be too late.
I just wanted to plant this question in your mind,incase you haven’t thought about embracing the day God has given you. ” This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it” Psalm 118:24.
Yesterday is History, tomorrow may never come, but today is here.